An electric pressure washer is a great investment for any home. Common uses include cleaning automobiles, decks, driveways, siding, outdoor furniture and sidewalks. Here is our guide to some of the best electric pressure washers available.
Looking for a pressure washer for rent? Don’t Bother. Most of the models below come in at less than a couple hundred bucks and will provide years of usage.
Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 1.76GPM
• 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM
• Includes 5 Quick-Connect Spray tips
• Dual removable detergent tanks
• Electric pressure washer for decks & fences
Stanley SHP2150 Electric Pressure Washer 2150PSI
• 2150 PSI/ 1.4GPM
• Includes 4 Quick-Connect Spray tips
• Brass garden hose connector
• 43X the pressure of a 7GPM garden hose
• Foam cannon included
• Best electric pressure washer for washing cars, boats and RVs due to the included Foam Cannon
Karcher K3 Follow-Me Electric Power Pressure Washer
• 1800 PSI/ 1.3GPM
• Four-wheeled Electric pressure washer
• Onboard detergent tank
• Highly Portable pressure washer
• Variety of pressure washer accessories available
• Best Electric Pressure washers for RV’s due to the easy maneuverability. The Karcher portable pressure washer follows you as you move around RV or camper. Small compact storage profile.
Yard Force YF1600A1 Compact Electric Power Pressure Washer
• 1600 PSI/ 1.2 GPM
• Compact design with built in storage
• Built in soap tank, 32 ounce capacity
• Reliable 13 amp electric motor (low noise)
• Includes 2 Quick Connect Nozzles + Turbo Cleaning Nozzle
• Best Electric Pressure Washer for apartments and camps due to the small compact design. The compact design is also a great choice as a mobile pressure washer. Easy to load in the back of a pickup truck, van or even your car trunk!
PowRyte Elite 5001520 Electric Pressure Washer, (Best Electric Pressure Washer guide)
• 2200 PSI/ 1.80 GPM
• Includes 3 Quick-connect tips + Turbo nozzle
• Standard Garden hose quick connector
• 20ft high pressure hose & 35ft UL listed power cord
• Powerful Electric pressure washer for driveway and concrete cleaning. Best pressure washer for the money, power to value. High pressure water blast for cleaning decks, brick and other heavily soiled areas.
Deck Restore Tip, Recommended Semi-Transparent Wood Stain:
If your looking to strip then re-stain a wood deck, porch or set of stairs? Check out our project using the Ready Seal wood stain on a set of pressure treated stairs. “Ready Seal Stain and Sealer for wood on Stairs”
The results speak for themselves!
AR Blue Clean AR383SS Electric Pressure Washer, (Best Electric Pressure Washer guide)
• 1900 PSI / 1.3 GPM
• Professional Level Pressure Washer
• Includes 4 Quick Connect Power washer nozzles
• Integrated 48 oz. detergent tank
• General purpose power washer for house, car and deck cleaning. With a max pressure of 1900 PSI this is one of the best electric pressure washers for washing cars as it is not overpowered to remove paint. According to an article by Yourmechanic.com the recommended range for car washing should be between 1200-1900 PSI.
PowerStroke PS14133 Electric Pressure Washer
• 1700 PSI / 1.2 GPM
• Includes 3 Nozzles (15deg, turbo and low pressure soap)
• Light weight pressure washer with wheels
• 1 Gallon soap tank
• Roll cage frame design for increased stability
• Powerfit Pressure Washer attachments available (sold separately)
• Low pressure electric pressure washer for around the house tasks. Lightweight design good for everyday cleaning of driveways, sidewalks and automotive. Low cost, beats buying a pressure washer on Craigslist.
Best Electric Pressure washers (terms)
PSI = (Pounds per square inch), is a measurement of pressure. The greater the PSI rating, the greater the force of the water jet.
GPM = (Gallons per minute), measurement of the amount of flow. The greater the GPM rating, the more water is available to clean dirt away.
CU = (Cleaning Units), by multiplying the PSI by GPM you end up with total Cleaning Units. Total cleaning units is helpful when comparing pressure washers for overall cleaning performance.
Nozzels = Spray tips of varying sizes. Selecting the right sized spray nozzel is critical to the task at hand. Generally speaking the narrower the beam the more aggressive the jet will be to strip material, the wider the beam the better it will act to clean larger surfaces quicker.
Best Pressure Washer for car washing
Washing your car with a pressure washer can save you time and money. Compared to a standard garden hose, a pressure washer with a 1500PSI output offers about 8 times the amount of cleaning power. Not only is it more effective for car washing it also uses less water in the process.
Tips for washing your car with a pressure washer:
• Use a pressure washer with an output between 1200 – 1900 PSI
• Select the appropriate nozzle with a wide spray pattern
• Add a detergent to the soap tank that is safe for automotive paint and clear coats
• Start on the roof of the car and work your way down
• Thoroughly rinse the car with just water to remove all soap before drying
Regular car washes keep your paint surface clean and your vehicle looking new. With car washes costing anywhere from $5 to $20+ you will pay off the initial investment in no time! If you are thinking “should I rent a pressure washer?” or have seen signs “pressure washer for rent” first check out how affordable owning your own can be.
Electric vs Gas? Which is better?
If you are trying to decide between a gas or electric power washer there is no clear-cut winner. Rather, the best option will come down to answering a few questions.
• What is the intended use?
• Will this be used for residential projects or commercial jobs?
When it comes to the intended use question. Ask yourself.
“Why am I buying this tool and how do I intend on using it most often?”
USE: Car Washing, Mildew Removal and General Cleaning
For most homeowners looking to do general cleaning. I would highly recommend looking into an electric pressure washer. Electric models are typically less expensive, require less maintenance and have enough pressure for most small jobs.
Here is a great tip. Stick to a schedule. By cleaning surfaces regularly this will prevent stubborn build-up from developing.
To see pricing, here is a direct link to electric pressure washers on Amazon.
USE: Cleaning concrete, Commercial Jobs
If you plan on doing commercial work on very dirty surfaces then gas may be a better option. The reason for this is higher pressure.
Typically a gas powered model will be able to deliver higher pressure vs an electric version. The higher the pressure the faster you will be able to work “hard to clean” surfaces.
To see pricing, here is a direct link to gas powered pressure washers on Amazon.
How to Properly Use a Pressure Washer…for Newbies
Here is a great video to show you the basics on how to properly use a pressure washer. From setup, tip selection and techniques:
When a garden hose just won’t cut it, break out the water cannon!
Even though gas-powered models offer more cleaning power don’t let that deter you from an electric alternative. Improvements with electric motors have closed the gap in performance and offer many benefits over gas options.
Want to see more? Check out the articles below for the latest and greatest electric power tools:
• Top Rated, Battery Powered Chainsaws
• Top Rated, Electric Snow Shovels (yes they are real)
Stay tuned for new updates to this list or stop by our Facebook page to say hi.