Tool bags and tool boxes have been around for decades. However, for the professional that is always on the move here is our guide for the Best Tool Backpack.
Best Tool Backpack: Custom Leathercraft 1134 Tool Backpack for Carpenters
• 48 storage pockets, (41 inside + 7 outside)
• Padded shoulder straps for comfort
• Organization for small tools
• Two main zippered compartments
Check out the Video below for more info on the Leadercraft 1134 Tool Backpack
Klein Tools Backpack, 55421BP-14 (best tool backpack)
Quality from a name you can trust. Klein Tools 55421BP-14 Tradesman Pro Organizer is a packed with features for electricians and field service techs.
Load it up and bring your players, cable connectors, screwdrivers, in one easy to carry bag. Multiple storage pouches allows you to stay organized when moving between job-sites and working out of service vehicles.
1680D Ballistic weave for extreme durability when working in “not so optimal” conditions. This tool backpack is so popular it was also featured in our “Tool Bag of the Year” article.
• 39 pockets, tons of tool storage
• 1680D Ballistic weave for durability
• Front molded pouch for fragile items (glasses, etc)
DEWALT Tool Backpack Bag w/LED, DGL523
Classic Yellow and Black colors with a built in LED (3 levels of brightness) from DEWALT. The LED features a max output of 39 lumens and can be pointed outwards to shine up the work area or inwards to locate items inside of the bag.
In addition to the 48 internal pockets this DEWALT backpack has 9 outside pockets to allow quick access to commonly used tools. Designed for the DIY handyman or the the seasoned pro, this bag has features for everyone.
Capable of handling full sized battery powered tools like the popular 20v Max Lithium Ion drill by Dewalt and other brands.
• 57 total pockets, (48 internal, 9 external)
• Built in LED light with 3 levels of brightness (max 39 lumens)
• Padded carry handles and shoulder straps for comfort
• Base pad feet to help reduce wear
DeWalt DGC530 USB Charging Tool Back Pack, 23 pockets
If you already own DeWalt 20v power tools then this backpack is the one for you. The DGC530 backpack can charge USB devices by plugging in a DeWalt 20V Max Lithium battery right into the backpack!
Plug the tool bag into a 20V DeWalt battery and charge USB Devices!
Charge up to two devices at the same time with the built in USB ports. Great for job-sites without power or to keep your valuable devices (smartphones, tablets) protected and charged.
To see more on how the DeWalt DGC530 Tool Back Pack works check out the short video below:
• Dual USB ports for charging phones & tablets (when connected to 20V DeWalt battery)
• 23 Storage pockets, (20 inside and 3 out)
• Large pads provide additional comfort when the bag is loaded with heavy tools
Rugged Tools Pro Tool Backpack – 40 Pockets, (Best Tool Backpack Cont.)
Rugged Tools Pro Tool Backpack with 40 pockets is a great reasonably priced backpack for electricians. Very similar to the Klein Tools backpack shown above, this bag by Rugged Tools shares many of the same features at a lower price.
Top Features at a fraction of the cost! (click image to see price)
Made of heavy duty 1680 denier Polyester with a hard molded bottom to keep tools safe. The hard molded base is also used to keep the backup standing upright, allowing for easy tool access. Combining the mobility of a back pack with the organization of a traditional tool bag.
• 40 stores pockets for all your tools
• Backpack is constructed of 1680 Denier Polyester
• Hard molded bottom protects against water, snow and mud
Veto Pro Pac TECH-MCT Tool Bag
When it comes to purpose built carriers the Veto Pro Tech-MCT is a tool bag made for electricians and field service techs. Lots of room in a smaller compact design perfect for hand tools, pliers, meters, wire snakes, drill bits and electrical connectors.
On the outside you will find a stainless steel tape clip along with a quick access pocket for small items like drill bits or USB memory sticks. Heavy duty outside construction along with an injection molded waterproof base keeps your tools dry and secure.
The small profile, single shoulder strap and solid base allow you to work in and out of tight areas like attics, crawl spaces, bathrooms and kitchens. As a result, we recommend this tool bag for repair technicians, HVAC and general electricians alike.
• 44 total pockets with two storage bays
• Room for a compact cordless drill and smaller accessories
• Tool bag for electricians and HVAC repair techs
• Injection molded waterproof base, adds stability and protection from wetness
Milwaukee 48-22-8200 Jobsite Backpack (best tool backpack)
For the power tool user this heavy duty tool backpack is for you! Larger pockets along with 1680 denier ballistic construction allow you to pack it full of power tools, fish tapes, drills or extension cords.
Field service techs will enjoy the dedicated electronics sleeve that can accommodate most tablets and laptops up to 15.6″.
• Padded load-bearing harness
• Impact Resistant Molded Base
• Laptop Sleeve – For Laptops up to 15.6″
Carhartt Legacy Work Tool Backpack
Looking for a light weight general use work backpack? The Carhartt Legacy series features the classic Carhartt brown 100% Polyester shell, weighting in at only 1.4lbs (unloaded).Great as an everyday work bag this bag has 2 mesh pockets on the outside, 2 zippered pockets on the front with room for a laptop or tablet.
• Rain Defender water repellent
• Zippered exterior pocket for small items (keys, pens, usb sticks etc)
• Padded Laptop Sleeve/Tablet storage, holds up to a 15″ device
• Available in: Black, Grey & Carhartt Brown
What makes the best tool backpack?
The best tool backpack is going to be the pack you reach for day in and day out. When considering a backpack style bag for your tools make sure to consider the size & type of tools you plan on carrying.
Jobs that require larger power tools and room for extra batteries would benefit from a larger center storage compartment. However, professions that require many smaller hand tools like screw drivers, pliers and bit sets may benefit from more pockets allowing for better organization.
For better organization around the garage, take a look at these articles:
• Toolbox Organization Systems, Socket Set Organizer case
• Best Portable Tool Box Review, Tool Trolley Carts
• Tool Backpacks with Laptop Storage Compartments